The 2022 National Student Survey is now open. This is the annual opportunity for our students to provide honest feedback on their whole study journey at The Open University.
Responses remain anonymous at all times. However, your feedback will provide both the OU Students Association and The Open University with important insights that can be used to improve the student experience at The OU.
Surveys were sent out to a random sample of undergraduate students last month, so if you are one of the eligible students invited to take part, you have until Saturday 30 April 2022 to complete your survey.
There are many other reasons why invited students should take part, but here's just a few of them:
- The results are taken very seriously and used to enhance the quality of our course materials and delivery.
- Results are used by prospective students, their families and advisors to make decisions on what and where to study.
- You'll be helping prospective students make the right choices about what they study.
- All OU respondents will be able to enter a prize draw for the chance to win one of thirty £50 Amazon vouchers.
Following responses to the NSS in the past, the Students Association have:
- Made our website and reports more fresh and colourful.
- Introduced the staff role of Student Voice Researcher to bring students in at the very beginning of projects.
- Increased our work on the Annual Member ship Survey and focus groups etc to allow us to better represent students' needs.
You can also have a look at all the changes that The Open University have already put in place based on previous feedback received from our students.
If you were not approached to respond to the National Student Survey but would still like to comment on your experience of studying with the OU, find out how to have your say.
For more information about the National Student Survey (including to check your eligibility and to take the survey if you’re eligible), visit the NSS website.