Students Association Support Groups are official bodies within the OU Students Association, run by and for students with protected characteristics and/or other minoritised identities. Other students who may not identify with these characteristics but want to support the Groups can also join them.
There are currently three Support Groups:
We are currently conducting a review of Support Groups.
Ways to get involved and have your say (open to all OU students, not just Group members):
- Complete our survey before 5pm on 30 November 2022 and as a thank you for your time, we invite you to enter our prize draw at the end (shopping vouchers and lucky dip items up for grabs!).
- Register your interest in one of our online feedback sessions (options to attend Focus Group sessions or 1:1 appointments).
The review aims to:
- Review the definition of Student Support Groups to ensure they are relevant and effective.
- Explore if existing provisions are adequate, identify more or different types of support to meet current needs (in terms of what Groups offer to their members and what the Association offers to Groups).
- Ensure accessibility standards are being met in all aspects of the Group’s activities.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us via email:
oustudents-support at open.ac.uk