When creating your post, one of the first things you need to do is select a category. Categories help define what your post is about, and makes it easier for readers to find it. At the moment we have 8 categories for you to choose from.
If your piece relates to studying in any way, choose this category.
Studying is a very broad category, so why not take some inspiration for an idea from previous articles posted in the 'Studying' category:
- '5 things to do before your module start date' by Jodie Denton
- 'Do you know what the letters in the module code mean?' by Cath Brown
- 'A Handy App' by Matt Porterfield
If your post relates to identity in any way, choose this category.
Need some ideas to get the gears turning? Here's some ones we thought of, free of charge (you lucky thing, you):
- '5 things I learned as an OU student with a disability'.
- 'My time at Pride.'
Take a look at some previous post examples, too:
- 'Fabulous at 50: why Pride is still relevant' by Stephen Hannigan
- 'One at a time, please!' by Matt Porterfield
Is your story about getting the student voice heard? Then this is the category for you.
We're a pretty vocal bunch ourselves, so here's some ideas we had that would fit well under this category:
- 'Observing the student leadership team: my time at the meeting'.
- 'The top 4 questions students had at the London consultation event'.
- 'Staff-student partnerships - an evolving landscape' by Barbara Tarling
- 'Student observers - Faculty Assembly for the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences' by William Docherty
Writing about your lifestyle? Choose this category.
Some ideas that would fit perfectly into this category:
- 'Meat-free Monday recipe ideas'.
- 'My easy fitness routine.'
Previous post examples:
- '8 things you need to know about chocolate' by Heather Bloomer
- 'We know what your perfect volunteer role is' by Beth Metcalf
Posting about the student community? This is the category for you.
One of our most popular categories! Although the possibilities are endless, here are some article ideas we had already:
- 'Why I started hosting local meet-ups'.
- 'Inspirational #OUstudents tweets'.
And some previous examples for you to prow through:
- 'The OU at 50 - looking back, looking forward' by Cath Brown
- 'A different kind of urban' by Judi Moore
- 'I think OU Students...' by OU Students Association Staff
Ruminating about society at large? This is the category for you.
Here's some previous post examples:
- 'Team oUFO - showcasing OU engineering talent on a national scale' by Nathan Dicks
- 'Opinion Piece: My Decision on Brexit' by Tegan Lewis
Passionate about something? Got a talent you want to show the world? This is the category for you!
Take a look at some of our previous talented contributors who had a hobby to showcase:
- 'Monsters and Nests' by Diane Schofield
- 'Poems about poetry' by Polly Stretton
- 'Daffodils' by OU Students Photography Club (on behalf of Kirsteen KC Ramsay)
Are you the ultimate Quiz Master? A Puzzle Champion? This is the category for you! You can either take on others quizzes and puzzles, or submit your own to challenge your friends and peers!
Here's some ones posted already to get you going:
- 'Crossword - to distract you from that TMA!' by Cath Brown
- 'Do you know what the letters in the module codes mean?' by Cath Brown